Long Island Local Section of the American Nuclear Society
The ANS Long Island Section was established on June 22, 1978.
The ANS Long Island section’s territory consist of the state of New York zip codes 11000-11999.
For the more active furtherance of the objectives of the Society in its locality, the Section shall undertake:
- To encourage the public understanding of nuclear science and engineering;
- To foster closer professional and personal relations among the members;
- To cooperate with other scientific and professional groups having similar objectives;
- To engage in such other activities as may be appropriate for the fulfillment of the objectives of the Society; and
- To stimulate membership growth and participation by encouraging the creation of Branches at locations within the Section assigned area.
The American Nuclear Society is celebrating 60 years as the premier society for nuclear professionals. Our individual membership ranks include more than 10,000 engineers, scientists, educators, students, and others with nuclear related interests. Our members hail from more than 1,600 corporations, educational institutions, and government agencies from over 40 different countries. More than 80 industry-leading companies support the ANS as Organization Members.
ANS, a not-for-profit society, provides extensive opportunities for every professional group in the nuclear field to interact effectively via 22 divisions and technical groups, 40 local sections, 3 plant branches, and 57 student sections
The Society serves as an advocate for individuals and organizations having a stake in nuclear science and technology. Our Washington, D.C. office acts as a technical resource to senior policy and decision makers. ANS produces position papers on nuclear science and technology issues of our times, publishing these in print and on our website.