Section Webmaster Responsibilities
The ANS NE section webmaster is responsible for maintaining the ANS NE Website as follows:
- Update the meeting information and registration pages for each meeting to allow people to register for the meetings. This should be done on an expedited basis.
- Provide the meeting registration list to the Treasurer if the Program Chair cannot perform this duty.
- Maintain the listing of ANS NE officers up to date.
- Add presentations to the archive page when made available.
- Post news to the news section upon request of a section officer.
- Post section minutes to the web page.
- Post the latest documents to the webpage (minutes, Bylaws, Responsibility descriptions, treasurer’s report, activity schedule, pictures, etc.)
- Answer website related question of section members.
- Broken website links.
- Provide a report to the EC if there is anything of significance occurring related to the webpage.
- Attend EC meetings.
- Programming skills requirement depends on what decision is made going forward. If they are going to maintain the static HTM pages that Paris used to build the site a few years ago, they need to be familiar with HTML, CSS, have some CGI knowledge, (for the registrations page that is run using a scrip on the ANS National servers), some graphic editing experience, etc.
- A little over a year ago, National suggested that all local section pages are built using the same CMS (I believe it was wordpress), which would allow multiple members to update the content through a user interface. If the decision is made to pursue that, then the experience needed is familiarity with wordpress and some familiarity with handling graphics.
216total visits,1visits today