- To encourage the public understanding of nuclear sciences and engineering
- To promote beneficial and cordial relations with the faculty and students of nearby institutions giving courses in nuclear science and engineering
- To cooperate with other scientific and professional groups having similar objectives
- To cooperate with the Society in the promotion and conduct of National, Topical and joint meetings, etc., mutually beneficial to the Society and the Section
- To encourage closer professional relationships and personal interactions among the members
- To engage in such other activities as may be appropriate for the fulfillment of the objectives of the Society
Announcements and upcoming events:
- ANS Topical Meeting, Advances in Nuclear Nonproliferation Technology and Policy Conference (ANTPC 2016) , La Fonda on the Plaza, Santa Fe NM. 25-30 Sep 2016.
- Trinity Section Happy Hour and Nuclear Trivia, 4 Oct, 5:15-6:45 pm, Unquarked Wine Room, Los Alamos (see Calendar) [FLYER].
- Trinity Section dinner meeting with speaker, 21 Oct. Speaker: Mark D. Hart, PhD, Deputy Director for Reactor Physics Modeling and Simulation, Nuclear Science and Technology Directorate, INL. Topic: Coordination of Efforts Between Restart, Experimentation and Modeling for the Transient Test Reactor (see Calendar) [FLYER].
You may pay 2017 dues along with sign-up.
- Trinity Section executive committee meeting 22 Oct 2016 at Hirons'.
- Scientists in the Spotlight: 2nd Saturdays, 11am-1pm, Bradbury Science Museum (see Calendar).
- Science on Tap: 3rd Thursdays, 5:30-7pm, UnQuarked Wine Room (see Calendar).
- Fourth Fridays Downtown, 4:00-6:00pm, Bradbury Science Museum and elsewhere (see Calendar).
- Section Members: Join the PI Committee (see Public Information).
- Use the Trinity Section PayPal account to sign up and pay for dinner meetings (from the Calendar page) and for annual Section dues (from the Join page). You may use your own credit cardyou do not need a personal PayPal account.