The ANS Northeastern Section serves the nuclear community in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Maine and Vermont with the primary constituency being in the greater Boston and Eastern Massachusetts area. The Northeastern Section’s mission is to provide a forum for the professional and public exchange of information regarding nuclear related science and engineering topics, and for the development of the individuals and organizations involved in such endeavors.
In accomplishing this mission, the NE Section provides timely information on nuclear topics at its meetings and at this web site. The American Nuclear Society and the NE Section strive to advance the understanding of nuclear related science and engineering topics within the nuclear profession and the interested public.
Find Out more about the ANS National Organization
Agreements with other organizations
Have Amazon Smile donate to ANS-NE using Link
2020-21 Meeting Plan (preliminary):
- 9/22/2020- ANS-NE Social Meeting / Contest
- 10/20/2020 – Dr. Edward Calabrese UMASS Linear non-Threshold Dose Model
- 11/17/2020 – Nick Irvin, Southern Company, NEI Molten Salt Reactor
- 1/19/2021 – DOE, High Level Waste Storage
- 2/16/2021 – MacKenzie, NASA Nuclear Powered Drone
- 3/23/2021 – Dr. Joel Popkin, , St. Vincent’s, Worcester, Study on Radon Induced Lung cancer
- 4/20/2021 – High School Senior Competition, Evaluation of Massachusetts Energy Plan
- 5/18/2021 – NEC Energy Solutions, Energy Storage
Training and Education
The Northeastern Section of ANS is willing to provide presentations, demonstrations and literature to students or teachers covering nuclear reactors, physics, radiation and protection.
Contact us if you would like ANS-NE to help establish and maintain a nuclear educational interface with your local schools.
75078total visits,9visits today